Did your Valentine’s Day Suck? Here’s How to be Sure Next Year’s Doesn’t.
A sucky Valentine’s Day is always a downer. If your’s left you feeling more alone and hopeless than ever it’s time to make a change for the better and ensure all your future Valentine’s Days will be filled with love, even if it’s self love. Vow to embark on a personal revolution today!
Despite our social media obsessed society the importance of self love is often over looked. While selfies have become the norm, a selfie obsessed individual does not equate self confidence, and in fact, it might arguably present the opposite.
It has been said that we cannot truly love another until we love ourself. The reason for this lying in the belief that without the confidence of self love, our love for another will become too need based and therefore, unhealthy.
Ensure all your future Valentine’s Days are filled with love.
15 steps to ensure you never have another loveless Valentine’s Day
1. Vow to become the best version of yourself.
2. If you are in an unhappy relationship, get out now. Forget about “loving the one your with” – time to find someone who really makes you happy- life is too short to settle. Love really does exist.
3. If you don’t like your job start looking for a new one, now.
4. Get a hobby: crafting, sports, cooking, gardening, refinishing furniture,. See post on the DIY Couch Makeover.
5. Commit to a healthy lifestyle-
This means something different for everyone and without judgement I encourage you to push yourself to move towards a healthier lifestyle. For some people that might mean quitting smoking, for others it might mean juice fasting. Wherever you are on your journey towards optimum health is ok.
When we are standing still we are dying, when we are moving forward in a positive direction we are thriving and by allowing ourselves to thrive we are committing to self love.
6. Join a gym and commit to working out 3x’s a week.
If your not into big box gyms check out a trendy boutique studio in your area. There are so many great niche based workout studios popping up all over offering a great alternative to the mainstream experience. Our favorites include: barre, yoga, hitt, kickboxing and spinning. For more info on these activities see our recent posts including: Raising the Beauty Barre, Kickboxing, Sexiest Workout Ever and Never Miss Another Workout
7. Fashion makeover- When we like the way we look we radiate confidence and our whole persona changes. Motherhood, career changes and lifestyle changes present us with fashion challenges that we often don’t have the time or money to navigate efficently. Perhaps you need to freshen up your look or maybe you need an entire wardrobe makeover. The way we look is tied to our self esteem whether we are a fashionista or not. Love yourself enough to look good. Schedule your personal fashion consultations now! Request appointment via email at EmilyLinger@minkandrich.com
8. Beauty makeover- you don’t have to look like a super model, but again, like fashion, looking your best will lead to feeling your best. Light makeup and a flattering hair style does wonders for your appearance. Beyond that there is much more that can be done if you so desire. Email us now to schedule a Beauty consultation. We will recommended the newest and best beauty treatments, products, services and services provides in the area. Request your beauty consultation now by emailing us at EmilyLinger@minkandrich.com
9. Take a for-fun class. Most community colleges offer a wide variety of course selections in their Continuing Education Departments . You might discover a talent or interest you never knew you had. Courses are available in painting, cooking, wood working, sewing, knitting, drawing and foreign languages just to name a few. Course are available act local craft shops and through private boutique instructions.
10. Volunteer in the community. Compassion is one of the best ways to bring about inner peace, self love and happiness. Meet others and give back while helping yourself at the same time. It’s a win-win. Try Art with a Heart in the Baltimore area for a rewarding a fun experience.
11.Sunday Yoga- most studios offer their best class of the week on Sunday mornings I have found. These classes are usually crowed and filled with men and women of all ages. There is truely no better way to start your week than being a part of this welcoming community of like minded souls. The envigorating, enlightening mind body sweat session is the best way to detox and rejuvinate. Good juju abounds in these studios.
12. Get involved in your community. Nextdoor is a great resource for meeting people, sharing ideas and connecting with your community.
13. Read as much as you can both fiction and non fiction – gives you content to talk about with all the people you will be meeting. Maybe you’ll join a book club or start one!
14. Join a pool, tennis club or golf course. It’s a great way to meet people, to get your much needed dose of vitamin D, get exersize and have fun.
15. Date! Don’t be shy, but don’t be too agressive either. Above all else be honest. Be honest with those who you meet and most importantly, be honest with yourself.
Have fun! Love yourself because you deserve to be loved!
“Plant your own garden and decorate your own soul instead of waiting for someone to bring you happiness.”
For more information on love and self love see
which first appeared in Mink and Rich on February 14, 2016.